Thursday 25 January 2018

Falafel or Veggie Nuggets Recipe



These “falafel” can probably better pass as vegan “chikn nuggets” or veggie nuggets - I'm not really sure what they should be called :p - But they are delicious none the less! I especially find them more enjoyable on the second day, lightly toasted. I enjoyed them with oven baked vegetables and sauteed sweet potato slices.
The recipe I came up with is very simple and won't take up too much time in the kitchen.

You will need:

2 cups chick peas
2 large leaves shadon beni (optional if you have it)
1 small onion
3 cloves garlic
2 pimento pepper or other
6 chive greens
1 bunch parsley
1 cup chickpea flour
Salt, ground turmeric, cumin, paprika etc

Method:

Blend shadon beni, onion, garlic, pepper, chives, parlsey and place in a bowl.

Blend the cooked chick peas with no liquid.

Place in bowl with seasonings, flour, salt, turmeric and cumin etc. Mix well.

Form into small balls and flatten and round edges.

Fry on both sides in oil. I personally don't like fried food besides the occasional plantain, but I knew the effect would be lost if I baked these. However, baking is worth a shot and I will try it next time to compare flavor.

Makes 12!


Tell me what you think if you try it!

Ila Addis

No comments:

Post a Comment