Wednesday 28 December 2016

Chickpea/Channa Salad aka The Meat Beater Salad


 

This salad is perfect for someone who is trying to wean off of meat – especially fish! The combination of arugula, chick peas, lime and red onion gives it a flavour that reminds me of canned tuna. Adding the sweet potato makes a great flavour combination for the salad, and when you add the quinoa it reduces the potency of the tuna-ish flavour but allows you to become quite full.

I don't eat any type of animal, and truly although many Rastafari eat fish today, I advise against it because the sea is heavily polluted, and like any other type of flesh, fish carry worms which then inhabit the hueman body.

To make the Meat Beater Salad you will need:

3 tomatoes cubed
1 big cucumber cubed
1 handful (6-7) arugula/rocket leaves shredded
3-4 pakchoi leaves or 1 small head shredded
1-2 big leaves kale shredded
1 stalk celery finely chopped
1 pimento finely chopped
1 small piece of red onion finely chopped
½ cup chickpeas 


Toppings:
Sprinkle pumpkin seeds  and grated coconut

Sweet n Sour Dressing:

Drizzles of Agave nectar (or honey if you wish)
Half lime freshly squeezed
Couple dashes of seasoning salt or pink salt
Add ingredients directly onto salad and mix into salad

Other options to make a heavier meal out of this a salad: ½ cup cooked quinoa or 1 small sweet potato.

I eat this salad regularly, a few times a week, Not because I crave fish, as I haven't had it in ten years, but because it is just to full of flavour and contains basic ingredients that I always have at home. It's my go-to salad! It is safe for the womb and wont induce cramps as well.  I really love it and I hope you all will too!

 Here is a variation with Roland's Three Continent Blend of rice and quinoa:


Plain version without grains or sweet potato:



No comments:

Post a Comment