Thursday 1 September 2016

Sour Paw Smoothie

First of all, this smoothie is not sour! It got its name from the two main ingredients, Sour sop and Pawpaw!
 Sour sop is known for its strong cancer-fighting powers so make sure to eat it as much as you can when in season! I  usually de-seed my sour sop and freeze it so it wont spoil and I can full-joy it longer!
This is a tangy yet sweet, cool and refreshing snack or meal based on the quantity you make. Chilled fruit always make for better smoothies! 16 ounce I consider to be a snack smoothie, which I would drink before my big salad, or late in the evening if I feel hungry. Remember you can add or subtract from any smoothie recipe based on your ingredients.



You will need for a 16 ounce smoothie:

¼ pawpaw
1/4 cup soursop
1 small lime,juice extracted
½ cup water or coconut water or nut mylk
1 tsp maca powder (optional)

for a bigger smoothie 20-32 ounces try:

1/2 pawpaw
1/2  to 1 cup soursop

Simply scoop out the soft flesh of both fruits, removing the seeds, extract the juice of the lime and blend it altogether with the water and maca powder in your Nutribullet or other effective juicing blender.

Happy juicing!
Ila

No comments:

Post a Comment